September 14 – September 19, 2020
COVID-19 has brought many changes to our daily lives, but rather than cancel this annual event, we are excited to share that our 2020 Day of Caring event will CONTINUE, with new EXPANDED opportunities!
The 2020 Day of Caring will still kick off on September 14th, but we’ll coordinate and encourage caring projects through the entire week.
As we prioritize the health of everyone, some projects may look a bit different this year. We will continue to encourage opportunities that naturally offer social distancing and this year we are adding at-home projects.
Have a project to submit?
We would love to help with needed projects that benefit the community or those in need. We are looking for projects that can be done safely in small family or co-worker groups or at home. Have an idea? Share it with Keri Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815.284.3339.
Here are a few examples:
- Need envelopes stuffed? A volunteer can pick up the supplies so they can work at home with their family to prepare s mailing.
- Landscaping needs? Pick a couple of small projects that can be done without much supervision by one family or a few co-workers.
- Do you know about lonely seniors? Ask volunteers to “window visit”, make phone calls, send cards or food to cheer them up.
- Need masks? Ask for volunteers to sew masks for your organization.
- Notice a road with a lot of litter? Solo roadside clean ups could help beautify our community.
Get creative! Think about things that need to be done. We can help, just make sure the project can be done safely with small groups and with social distancing in mind. But remember, organizations need to provide all supplies for their project.
Interested in Volunteering?
The Week of Caring would not be possible with volunteers from businesses, groups, clubs, teams, families and individuals. Those interested in volunteering should register below. Volunteers will be able to choose the projects they want to work on (A project sign up will be available as we get closer to September 14th.)
All volunteers will get a free Week of Caring t-shirt!