Workplace campaigns play an important role in helping United Way make a positive impact in Lee County. Through workplace campaigns, employees are given the opportunity to help their community in the most influential way. However, it may seem like a daunting task to the person responsible for coordinating the campaign.
By following 10 simple steps, anyone can run a successful campaign with very little effort.
1. Order your pledge materials.
2. Schedule a speaker for your campaign kickoff event.
3. Set a company fundraising goal.
4. Make campaign time fun with giveaways, games, casual day, and/or employee challenges.
5. Hold your campaign kickoff event.
6. After all participants turn in their pledge cards, sort the pledges into the different categories.
7. Total your campaign monies and fill out your campaign envelope.
8. If payroll deduction is used, make sure all pledge cards are signed and dated.
9. Fill out the payroll deduction summary form, don’t forget to enter the date of first payroll for the campaign.
10. When you have completed your workplace campaign, please return the packet to the United Way office at 501 S. Lincoln Avenue, Dixon (old Lincoln School) Door #8 or call the office at 815-284-3339 to schedule for pick up your packet. You can also mail items to UWLC at PO Box 382, Dixon IL 61021
Where does the money go? Click the campaign flyer for information.
If you would like to order your basic campaign materials via the website, click here.