2nd Annual Run for the Way 5K, Saturday, September 30th @ 8:00AM
Save the date! Information coming soon!!!
- Distance: 5 kilometers (3.1 miles)
- Walkers welcome and encouraged. For safety reasons, they will line up behind the runners.
- Sorry, strollers and pets are NOT allowed.
- Start time: 8:00AM, Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Start location: Timber Creek Golf Course, 729 Timber Creek Road, Dixon, IL
- Finish location: Bogey's Bar & Grill Patio Area 729 Timber Creek Road, Dixon IL
- Grab your cap beret (think Caddyshack) and your best pair of argyle knee high socks because golfer costumes are welcome!!
- Course is fast, flat pavement for half and through the golf course (grass, walking paths, hills) for the other half of the race. Copy of the course (subject to change) will be available soon.
- Participant t-shirt guaranteed through September 20th.
- Dozens of volunteers cheering you on along the way, water station, post race refreshments & more!
- Corporate Challenge - Online & Paper registration must be marked and Company name included. Must be a current employee. Must have a minimum of 5 participants for the team. (no max) No registration on race day. Running clubs are not included. Companies may enter more than one team. The place of the top 5 runners are added together for the team total. The team with the lowest score is the winner and receives a trophy and bragging rights for one year.
- Awards for first overall male and female finisher.
- First three places, each division, male and female.
Awards are presented after the race and overall winners are not eligible to receive age group awards.
Age Divisions for male & female:
10 & under
11 - 19
20 - 29
30 - 39
40 - 49
50 - 59
WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
All net proceeds from this event will benefit the 2017 My Community, My Impact Campaign providing funds to community partners' programs and UWLC community impact initiatives. (listed below)
Blackhawk Area Council & Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois - monies to be used for Lee County scout scholarships and other activities directly related to Lee County.
Catholic Charities Long Term Care Ombudsman Program - monies to be used for this program servicing the residents in all participating Lee County nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
CASA of Lee County - monies to be used for the childrens' volunteer and advocacy programs.
Tri-County Opportunities Council Foster Grandparents Program in participating Lee County schools (Amboy Public Schools, St. Mary's, St. Anne's, Dixon Public Schools)
The Salvation Army - monies directed to the Rapiddraft program for Lee County residents in need of financial assistance.
Teen Turf in Amboy - monies to help run the teen center homework, afterschool and summer programs.
Dixon Family YMCA - monies directed to their childcare center for family fee assistance and membership assistance for low income individuals and the elderly.
PADS - monies used to help the Dixon homeless shelter.
Shining Star Children's Advocacy Center - monies used for the counseling and family advocacy programs at the Lee county center.
Goodfellows of Lee County - monies used for the holiday dinner voucher provided to residents who qualify, along with the new clothing purchased for the holiday shop.
Open Sesame Childcare Center - monies used for family fee assistance and new curriculum for the preschool.
Bright Beginnings Preschool - monies used for family fee assistance.
Kreider Services Early Intervention Program - monies directed to this program for the Lee County children aged 3 and under in need of these services.
Amboy Education Foundation One to One Initiative for the Amboy Public School District students.
American Red Cross - monies directed to the disaster cycle services for Lee County.
Home of Hope Cancer Wellness Center - monies used to keep the center running and providing all services to clients at no cost.
Hospice of the Rock River Valley - monies used for the federally mandated bereavement services provided to family members at no cost.
Sinnissippi Centers - monies used will provide psychologists to the area Lee County schools (currently Amboy & Dixon) for students with high risk behavioral issues or family events needing counseling.
LSSI of Illinois - monies used for the substance abuse programs provided to Lee County residents, the program facilitated by LSSI employees in Lee County middle schools for substance abuse prevention. and the program in Lee County which provides crisis assistance to youth run aways or youth kicked out of their home.
YWCA of Sauk Valley - monies used to provide services to Lee County residents in a domestic abuse situation and using the shelter.
Lee County Council on Aging - monies directed toward two programs, Outreach and Transportation services provided to residents at no or minimal cost.
Al Morrison Baseball- monies used for financial assistance to Lee County kids unable to participate due to financial situations.
Lifescape Community Services - monies used for their meals on wheels program and congregate dining services provided in Lee County community centers.
United Way of Lee County programs benefitting include: 211 of Lee County and our Little Free Libraries.
Sponsors play a key role in the success of our events. If you are interested in sponsoring the 5K, see our sponsorship form for details.
A big thanks to our sponsors to date: