The Lee County Emergency Food and Shelter Board was notified of funding for Lee County from the State Set Aside Program of the Federal program, EFSP. This year Lee County was awarded $5,012. The amount awarded is based upon our jurisdiction's total number of unemployed as compared to the total number of unemployed in all qualifying jurisdictions and set by the Federal Goverment. This is not a United Way of Lee County grant, our organization is simply an administrator of the allocations, along with representatives from other local nonprofits. The funds are disbursed by FEMA. Visit https://www.efsp.unitedway.org/efsp for more information.
The purpose of funds is to supplement and extend an organization's ability to provide services to those in our community who are in need. A local board composed of Lee County residents determines how the grant monies are distributed among emergency food and shelter programs in the county.
Funding may only be provided to local non-profits or government agencies for the purpose of providing emergency food, shelter or utility services in Lee County. Under terms of the grant from the National Board, organizations chosen to receive funds must:
1) be non-profit or a government agency;
2) have an accounting system and agencies requesting funds greater than $100,000 must conduct an annual audit;
3) practice non-discrimination;
4) charge no fee for services of the requested funded program;
5) private voluntary organizations must have voluntary boards;
6) to the extent practical, involve homeless or formerly homeless individuals in the process of providing emergency food and shelter services.
Organizations wishing to be considered for a portion of these funds may request an application from Jenny Koch at the United Way of Lee County, 815-284-3339. The application is also available below. Completed applications and the LRO Certification must be received no later than 4 p.m., October 1, 2017. Applications and required documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to UWLC PO Box 382 Dixon IL 61021. They must be received by the date above. In addition, please submit a completed LRO Certification and a copy of your board members.